Technical Regulations of the Customs Union “On Safety of Equipment Operating on Gaseous Fuel” (TR CU 016/2011)
On 9 December 2011, the Commission of the Customs Union adopted the Technical Regulations of the Customs Union “On the Safety of Gaseous Fuel Appliances”; (TR 016/2011). This came into force on 25 February 2013. The company EasyGOST Service takes over all certifications of products according to these regulations.
Gas used as fuel poses a major hazard. The design of gas appliances should avoid the risk of ignition and explosion. This is particularly relevant as many non-specialists use equipment such as gas stoves, which do not have the appropriate specialist training for working with gaseous fuels.
The safety of the use of these devices is guaranteed by a certification according to the requirements of TR CU 016/2011. This avoids potential problems with monitoring points and gives the equipment access to the EAWU market.
Scope of the document
TR CU 016/2011 includes:
- automatic gas burners and the appliances in which they are installed;
- other equipment, the complete list of which is given in Appendix 1 to the regulations;
- built-in and separately operated devices integrated in the above-mentioned devices, in particular pressure regulators;
- gas stoves, baking chambers, fire basins, gas boilers, gas cannons and other appliances for cooking, hot water supply and space heating.
TR CU 016/2011 does not include:
- equipment for use in technological processes in industrial enterprises other than gas appliances included in the list set out in Appendix 1 to the regulations;
- steam boilers with a steam pressure exceeding 0,07 MPa and hot-water boilers with a water temperature exceeding 115 °C;
- equipment using gas as fuel.
Contents of the regulations
- safety requirements;
- labelling requirements;
- method for declaring and certifying devices;
- binding requirements for technical documentation;
- rules for the market movement of gas appliances on the market.
Our experts from EasyGOST Service will find out in no time at all whether your equipment falls within the scope of the Technical Regulation TR CU 016/2011.
A declaration as a declaration of conformity is provided in TR CU 016/2011. If required by the applicant, it is possible to replace a declaration with a certification. We are happy to call in specialists from leading laboratories that specialize in gas appliances.
- if required, we carry out necessary laboratory tests;
- we select a suitable scheme for certification from several schemes provided by the regulations;
- we prepare the necessary documents (the data sheet and security reasons).
In the event of a successful decision on the conformity of your products in accordance with TR CU 016/2011, the safety of your equipment is guaranteed by a certification. In this way, you avoid future problems with inspection bodies.
As confirmation of the safety of your products, you will receive an official certificate allowing your goods to gain access to the market and begin delivery.
Request an offer