One of the most relevant technical documents is the operating manual. All necessary information for the correct and safe operation, for the assessment of the technical condition as well as information about the disposal of the product can be found there.
If equipment is similar in design, general information and instructions, may be included in a single instruction handbook, the instruction handbook may cover several types, ranges and models of equipment.
The operating instructions contain the following points:
- general description and function;
- proper use;
- ongoing maintenance;
When creating an operating manual, it is possible that, depending on the complexity of the products, individual parts, sections and subsections are combined. Special requirements can also be included in separate instructions. These are designed as individual parts of the operating instructions or as an attachment.
Operation Manual Preparation Requirements
The various requirements for an operating manual are contained in the technical regulations of the Customs Union (TR CU 010/2011, TR Cu 016/2011, TR CU 032/2013, etc.), in the Industrial Safety Regulations and in standards relating to specific equipment.
An operating manual according to TR CU 010/2011 must, for example, contain the following mandatory points:
- fixed working time and (or) service life limitation;
- criteria for equipment boundary conditions;
- list of critical failures;
- fixed useful life.
Since countless details have to be taken into account when creating an operating manual, only special experts can carry it out. They are familiar with the entire technical side of the subject and are informed about current renewals of the normative basis of the Eurasian Economic Union.
Machine and (or) Equipment Operating Manual according to TR CU 010/2011 includes:
- name and address of the manufacturer (person authorised by the manufacturer), of the importer, contact details to communicate with them;
- Month and production year (MM/YYYY);
- information about the design, the operating principle, the characteristic data;
- or readjustment, maintenance and repair;
- designation and (or) designation (type, make, model);
- mounting instructions or instructions for mounting, adjustment, etc.;
- instructions for use and safety measures to be observed during operation, including:
- proper use;
- testing / type and frequency of monitoring and maintenance;
- all kinds of repairs;
- information on wear parts and criteria for their replacement;
- storage conditions;
- periodic diagnosis;
- specified parameters:
- specified storage time;
- specified service time and (or) assigned resource.
After the expiration date of the defined code numbers, the deduction from the operation of the machine/plant and a decision to be made follows. This is dedicated to the repair, disposal or checking and determination of new codes:
- list of critical failures, possible faulty actions of personnel leading to an incident or accident;
- information on the qualifications of the operating staff;
- the actions of staff in the event of an incident, critical failure or accident;
- criteria of the boundary conditions;
- measures to prevent the improper use of the machine / system after reaching the specified service life limit or the specified working time;
- decommissioning instructions;
- recommendations on safe disposal of the machine and (or) system;
- instructions for the use of appropriate fasteners to ensure the stability of the installation and its use without risk of tipping over, falling or unexpected movement.
In the event that no specialists use the machine and/or system, it is necessary for these people to be taken into account in the operating instructions. This includes the aspects of knowledge, skills and experience.
Machine and (or) Equipment Operating Manual according to TR CU 032/2013 Requirements
The operating instructions must also meet the requirements of TR CU 032/2013 and therefore contain the following points:
- A uniform mark (EAC, Ex) for the placing of products on the market of the Member States of the Customs Union shall be indicated in the attached operating documents.
- Marking place
If the information given in point 29 of TR CU 032/2013 (marking) cannot be applied directly to an installation/machine, it can only be given in the instructions attached to this installation:
- name and (or) designation of type, make, model of installation; parameters and characteristics affecting safety;
- name of the material from which the equipment (elements) is made (produced);
- manufacturer's mark (if available);
- serial number;
- date of manufacture (DD/MM/YYYY).
The operating instructions are usually written in Russian. If such requirements exist, they will also be drafted in the official languages of the EAWU-Member States.
The operating instructions are provided in paper form. It is possible to attach a set of this document on an electronic medium.
It is also possible to attach a set of operating documents to an electronic medium for non-household appliances.
We at EasyGOST EAC Service take care of the preparation of operating manuals for a large number of systems. Contact us and we will be happy to help you with our extensive experience in this area.
Request an offer